Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary & Stir Fry!

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, Josh! We were married one year ago today on a very cold and cloudy day. I was sick as a dog but we did it! We put together a beautiful wedding in record time and have been nothing but happy with one another. I cannot wait for the year a head of us! I love you honey!  
<3
So before dinner there is normally breakfast and lunch. This morning I had three egg whites that were left over from last night's mousse. Now what in the world do you do with eggs whites? Make scrambled eggs! I chopped up about a 1/4 cup of red bell peppers and broke up some pieces of sausage from the previous morning's breakfast into the eggs. It was a great breakfast that went along with my cup of coffee. Breakfast of champions! Later on I had leftover Mangini's Pizza.

Since it is our anniversary today, I want to make something tasty and special. Stir fry! It is very good for you and can be fairly easy to toss together! 

Mandarin Stir fry

2 medium bell peppers*
2 cups snow peas
1 cup carrot chopped
1 medium red onion chopped
1 lb stew/stir fry meat
2 cups rice
salt and pepper for taste

*I use yellow, red, and orange bell peppers to add in colour. Green bell peppers are okay too. The yellow, red, and orange bell peppers are also very sweet, where as the green ones are a little on the bitter side.


  • Slice up the bell peppers and chop up the carrots and onions. Also cut the snow peas in half.
  • Heat a wok to med-hi heat and add in the veggies, cook till tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment